Failure Analysis (FA)
Root cause identification of failing devices (e.g. field returns or new designs) is essential for all semiconductor manufacturers and design houses.
There are several major fragments in this process:
- Verification of electrical, functional failure based on leakage or simple open/short measurements
- Failure localization with typical hot spot and emission analysis, laser cutting and internal node probing down to submicron level
- Physical failure analysis based on submicron probing or on SEM, TEM, EDX, AFM tools
- Micro-motion analysis is one additional set of measurements on wafer level, specifically related to MEMS devices
- 10 kV test environment for failure analysis on high power devices
MPI Test Solutions for FA applications come with everything needed to achieve accurate measurement results in the shortest time, with maximum confidence. The highly stable Engineering Probe Systems and highly accurate MicroPositioners provides best solution for electrical failure verification, localization and debugging. With the vibration isolated environment and wide zoom microscopes provide the ability to probe the structure as small as one micron.
Simultaneous use of probe cards and MicroPositioners (DUT driving & internal signal measurements), innovative state-of-the-art measurement technologies and even probing of very small signals inside temperature controlled (down to -60°C), light-tight and EMI-shielded test environment with TS2000-SE and TS200-SE, these are just a few examples of MPI offerings for a complete FA test solution.